When speaking of Tam Dao, many people will think of a comfortable resort, and is suitable for older people. However, you can experience a different Tam Dao by trekking, exploring and fully enjoying wild nature and by overnight camping activity.
|Tam Dao is considered a comfortable resort|
|Thac Bac in Tam Dao|
|The stone church, an attractive destination in Tam Dao|
Tram Mountain is both a historical relic and a quite majestic scenic area. Tram Mountain is located on Phung Chau commune, Chuong My district, less than 30km from the center of Hanoi, and takes about 45 minutes - 1 hour travelling by motorbike to reach. The mountain is not too high, but the terrain is extremely beautiful with many caves, and the winding trails in the flat valleys. In the nearby area, there are a few temples that tourists can visit, such as Tram pagoda, Vo Vi temple, Long Tien Pagoda ...
|The winding trail in Tram Mount.|
|The peaceful countryside seen from Tram mountain|
|Pitching the tent in the valley halfway up the mountain|
Some notes for you:
- You should watch the weather forecast before going, especially if you are going to go camping.
- You have to prepare carefully tents, belongings necessary for personal activities, medicines and medical devices, vehicle repair tools, food, drinks ... and should also find and save some hotline numbers of the local functional agencies.
- If you cook outdoor, be careful and wary of forest fire since the campsites has lots of trees, grass. If afraid of cooking, you can bring snacks such as bread, canned food, sausages, fruits ...
- Remember to bring slippers to move easily and conveniently in the campsite.
- The cost of renting tents in Hanoi: 50,000 VND/ tent /2 people / 2 days; 140,000 VND/ tent/ 6 persons / 2 days; 220,000 VND/ tent /10 person / 2 days, ...
- You also should collect all the garbage before leaving.