Located in Northwest Cambodia, Siem Reap is the main tourist attraction in Cambodia thanks to its proximity to Angkor. However, besides the famous Angkor populations, Siem Reap also attracts visitors with many interesting activities.
1. Visit Angkor Wat: As a symbol of Cambodia, Angkor Wat, the worshipping place of Vishnu, is the best preserved temple in the area and remains the center of religion. This is also the symbol on the flag of Cambodia.
2. Watch sunrise or sunset in Angkor on a balloon: An option for you to visit Angkor is to admire the panoramic Angkor landscape from above by hot air balloon, especially at sunrise or sunset. . The higher the balloon is, the more majestic Angkor is. And of course do not forget to take some photos as memories.
3. Visit the place by a tuk tuk: Tuk tuk is a very popular means of transportation in Siem Reap. You can use this to visit Siem Reap and drivers can become tour guides for you.
4. Angkor population: Not only Angkor Wat, the Angkor population of over 1,000 temples, the tomb of the unique Khmer architecture, is considered the largest religious site in the world. To visit this population, visitors can choose to buy a ticket a day, 3 days or 7 days.
5. Visit Artisan D'Angkor Center: Artisan D'Angkor is the place where Khmer art is preserved and developed through the production of handicrafts. Come here to visit, visitors can also buy many unique products as gifts.
6. Learn to make pottery: To Siem Reap, visitors can try their hand in making pottery at the Khmer Ceramic Arts Center. Most of the products are made by hand by local artists and craftsmen.
7. Visit the Old Market: Also known as Phsar Chas, this market is located in the center of Siem Reap with over 100 booths selling all products at affordable prices. In particular, the most popular items here are silk products.
8. Shopping at Angkor Night Market: Angkor Night Market is a stopping place for those who want to learn the culture of Cambodia. The market is usually open from 4 pm to midnight with a wide variety of items, especially scarves, silverware, jewelery, etc.
9. Foot massage by fish: In Siem Reap, you can go for a massage in the evening, especially with fish at many shops near the road for $ 5 - $ 10.
10. Shopping at "Made in Cambodia" Market: Held on the first and third week of the month, this is the ideal place for tourists to shop for typical Cambodian handicrafts and enjoy vibrant live music performances.
Post a Comment